Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Contest Day 1...hopefully...

And we quote from this morning's Pilot Briefing: "Weather of Hungary and Serbia is determined by a cyclone. The centre of the cyclone is situated above Hungary. The amount of mid and high level clouds temporarily will decrease W of Szeged, so that in that region weak thermals will be possible."

The US Team is gridded now on RWY(s) 34. The Open and 18M classes will launch first today. The current plan for first take-off's at 1245 local. Today's maximum temperature is forecast to be 22 degrees C (72 f). I see scattered to broken cu's now at about 1,500 feet agl. with a high overcast.

The Contest Weatheman left the pilots with a final thought: "If you make it back to Szeged, you will have to glide."